Monday, July 21, 2008

Back to 97% - Thank god

So.... Today was my first day back to training and I couldn't have been more happy to have a Two-A-Day to kick off my new found health (weights in the morning & the track in the evening).

I realized that at times it's very good to have a mature coach as my agenda was to make up for lost time, his was still to follow the plan that has worked flawlessly for the past 8 months.

At this time if I were training alone, I'd have added 50% more weight to each exercise and paid for it later. Under his supervision, I was only allowed to increase the weight by 10%, after I showed that I was able to handle it. I'll thank him later today when I have my second session on the track and haven't died yet.

The combination of felling better, high gas prices and in the commitment of acting healthy is a real downer at times. The house is empty and I've watched all my DVD"s at least twice in the last week. I've read all my books and even repaired my speakers in my car just to fill time. Next week is the new exhaust system if time permits.

Prior to Buck-Fifty gas, I would have had a nice Starbucks and taken a long and fast drive and enjoyed the day. Now I drink my regular brew, while sitting at home making engine noises sitting in my car in the garage.

We'll, that's it for today....

C

No comments: