Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A wasted fantastic day

Well,

The idea of a intense workout ideally should fall on the day where I'm feeling the best. Not withstanding the wind I faced in Montreal this past weekend, my coach and I figure that I would have done a low 48 second 400m if the wind and the track had been better rather than the 50 seconds I actually achieved. I didn't feel all that sharp but I was able to carry my top speed for the whole way and didn't die after 300m which is a normal and expected outcome related to a 400m.

Today I had a jog but from the moment I woke up I was feeling 101% and was sadend to see that it wasn't the day to go balls out.

I have two workouts tomorrow, both requiring full intensity and not a ton of recovery inbetween. I hope my body's up for the challenge. I lift very heavy in the morning and have a sprint workout in the afternoon consisting of 3x30m, 2x200m and 1 x 400m for a whopping total of 890 meters of training.

It's funny that these are the two shortest workouts I'll ever have but I will likely be the most sore the following day. Last time I did these two workouts together, I could barely get out of bed the following day.

No comments: