Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Typical me

So for those who don't know me that well, I tend to over evaluate things and make rash decisions, especially related to my equipment. Today I ran the setup that is tried-tested and true and saw some fantastic results. I ran a personal best in the flying 400m with a smoking fast time of 45.95 seconds and my 200m was an equally awsome at 23.5. My coach said two things when I finished
1- That was the fastest he's ever clocked anyone in his 20+ years of coaching in both distances
2 - that those times translate into a top 5 performance if I can repeat it in China.

I think hovering on that fantastic peak although fun cost me as I tend to be a little absent-minded during my peaks. I showed up for my first workout this morning that was actually for tomorrow. Who knows how fast I would have gone in the afternoon if I had slept in a little... I did however get a chance to take in a nice lunch at Lac Magog and watched some wonderfull beer based beach volleyball.

Two things were concluded at the end of practice today; I still have weights tomorrow, and I earned a nice easy jog in the afternoon.

I'm very excited that dad may soon come for a visit and my coach is sad that he won't be able to swing a club while he's here.

No comments: