Friday, September 12, 2008

200m recap

So what can I say.... I ran nearly my personal best time in a very stressful situation after not feeling well for a few day's leading up to the race. I was very happy to find 3km/h in my top speed last night through little modificaitons and a stern talking to myself to relax.

The race iteself went nearly perfect and if I were to have had a tail wind of equal strength to the headwind I fought, I think I would have had a serious Personal best time.

After the race, I was sure I wasn't progressing to the final, but not disapointed because I hit 98% of my fastest time ever, the problem is that there were 8 other guy's who had 103% days. When the final is made of 8 guy's who are running under 26 seconds (a few under 25), I shouldn't expect to be there based on my 26.3 result. (YET)

Now I have 3 days off and I start again on Monday. I have been given permission to do some touring for one of those days. I'm torn between seeing the great wall, or the Silk Market. I heard that both are insane for different reasons. Any suggestions?????

Bye for now.

C

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night on paralympic tv when they started the live coverage, they just showed the results right after you finished. They appologized for missing it and said they were going to show it again, but of course they didn't. Well glad to hear you pushed well! hope you have some nice time off, before the next big race.
GRUM

Anonymous said...

All you can control in life is what you put in. Sounds like you made a great effort. Hope you get the result after all (in response to the YET). Get ready for the next one, we might be watching live. Ben is refusing to sleep through the night, insisting that he catch you live! hahaha

I say you check out the sweat shops and grab a few discount Nikes...

Anonymous said...

i would suggest the silk market then you can bring the two favourite girls a scarf or something which would be awsome. really enjoy your time off and have fun. will Marianne be going, if so she can help you shop.

leaving for the lake this p m with Lawrie, he and Joann wish you well, i will have a few and a big coronie just for you.

we're always with you...


don the dad

Jill TB said...

hey Colin
Must be amazing to be there- choosing between the Great Wall and the Silk Market - not a bad choice to have to make - how can you go wrong....
We feel proud to know you
wishing you all the best!
Jill and Al Brown

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear of your efforts. Do the Great Wall... you can't see the Silk Market from space...

Harry and the crew

Jackie McGowan said...

Keep up the good work! Your efforts have already been rewarded... as for the decision, I would do the great wall and pick up a couple of scarves at the duty free ( Don't tell your mother!!!!) All the best, the McGowan Clan.

Anonymous said...

Coming to you from a motel in Brandon MB. (Jenna and her volleball team at their first tournament) - feeling very fortunate that technology allows us to stay in contact with you. My advice is THE GREAT WALL. Remember the person who was your inspiration so many years ago...Rick Hansen...he "DID" the GREAT WALL...it was meant to be Colin!! Please take lots of pictures. Souvenirs can be purchased at the paralympic kiosks (eg. t shirts,lunch bag, watch - will all be 1/2 price near the end !!) Much love and positive power to you....from your Mom