Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can't sleep

Today's post (tonight's post), comes at at a time where I have made a small tactical error. Today's practice although very productive totally depleated me of everything. It was the first really hot day and my workout purposfully took place on a slow track to work on my starts which felt like going up a hill into a headwind on thick berber carpet. The workout it's self was successful as I bettered my fastest 30m,40m and 60m times in spite of being on the slowest track I can remember which reinforced that I'm ready.

I came back to the village only after 2 hours (at around 3pm) , ate some lunch, had a shower and sat on my bed and read my book. I woke up feeling well rested but rather than it being morning, it was 10:30pm of that same day.

Now I'm well rested but will likely wonder around until I'm tired again. I just hope I get tired before tomorrow. Thankfully the village is like Las Vegas where it's never closed.

C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so...the non jetlag caught up with you. better now and you can adjust rather than a few days from now when you are supposed to be racing. no sleeping at the start line................


don the dad.

Jackie McGowan said...

WE have been following your Blog with great interest and as always we wish you the very best in your pursuit of your dream. All the best and good luck.... You should look great on TV, hope we can see it live!
Jackie and Ross

Colin said...

Ya, jetlag is not fun, but better now than in a few days. FYI there is a huge hacking in the schedule and now I'm only running semi's and finals which takes some of the racing away, but puts more emphasis as they are taking top2, plus the next two fastest.

It's all good, I hit 35 today so It's everyone else that will have to be on their A game, I'm shooting for my A+ game for the day that counts....

C

hez said...

Hey Col,

enjoying your blog!

I noticed that my ticket and uniform have not yet arrived and i am sure your team is still needing a masseuse/babysitter/cheerleader. You know, my title is not really that important, Whatever you feel my title should be is fine.............

All kidding aside, you are gonna kick butt! best of luck my friend and i'm sure we'll chat when you return.

keep up the posts!!!!