Monday, August 25, 2008

A quick note

As I"m supposed to be tired (which i'm not), but I should still be in bed I'll keep this really short. Today I had a very difficult training split into two sessions to mimic a typical day in Beijing where I will run a semi-final in the morning and then a final in the late program after dinner. The Morning training was "par for the course" in the sense that all my times were within the regular range. I left the track and went to Bishop's to read a little and to take in my Venti Starbucks fix. When I returned to the track at 4pm, I was feeling really good and the second workout was the best I've ever had.

Back in feburary while living in florida I had a fantastic workout where in a series of 150m distances I topped out at 34km/h. That was the day that all future workouts would be compared to.

Today, I did the same workout but this time I topped out at 35.8km/h and ran a time of 16.01 seconds. To put it in perspective, there are a handfull of guy's in the world that hit that top speed on the track and never on this track. Furthermore, he's also never witnessed anyone go sub-16.00 which means that if I can find a single extra push somewhere in that distance I'd be under.

According to my training plan leading up to my departure, I have a few more tries and think with a good solid breakfast and of course my starbucks, I'll be the only one to ever go Sub 15 in sherbrooke history solidfying that i'm not trying to make finals in China but a source of frustration for those who think they're safe.

Off to bed,

C

4 comments:

arlene said...

Enjoyed your journey- wish you the best of luck-keep writing!

OMatthes Clan said...

Aahh coffee ... the best friend for fast tracks.

Keep your head down Colin!!

-Dave and Fam

Unknown said...

We are steering the cheerin' here in Winnipeg, Colin. Best wishes and keep us up to date.

Colin said...

In the past while, I've noticed a connection between back to back amazing workouts and an increase in my coffee intake. Anyone know the Starbucks rep???